Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pretty Little Studio | You are amazing

Hi everyone!!

This week at Pretty Little Studio the Out Of The Box challenge is to make a page with as a starting point, this image:


What do you see when you look at this?

I see two large rectangles and in my head they could translate to two pictures.
I see nice large stripes on the right. Maybe labels or some sort of longish die cuts next to my pictures? Washi tape maybe?
I see wood texture. Dark wood.
I see hand writing. I see paperclips.
I see washi tape rolls. See, the stripes could really be washi tape!
I see thick buttons, or brads?? I see a wooden squirrel.
I see red and pinks, teal, bold yellow….

And from there, I plunge into my page! :)
First I need a story and two photos.
I gather my material that fits with the list I just made and I play! Looking at the reference picture from time to time. To refresh the feeling of it.
And here's the final result:


Do you see all the elements I listed? Most of them. :)



I so love the Pretty Little Studio's big die cuts titles!! Look at how special they are!
With some drops of black ink, it makes everything pop out! :)

Do you want to give it a try?
If you do, please make sure to link me up to your page. I'd love to see what you come up with. :)

Thanks for coming by!!

Marie :)

1 comment:

Gab said...

What a fun LO! And great use of the inspiration!