Thursday, February 18, 2016

Hip Kit Club DT - Hello Piff

Hi everyone!

I started playing with my Hip Kit Club February kits yesterday and I had so much fun!! I think that subbing to a kit club is an awesome thing! It makes you use products you would not necessary buy, which makes you get out of your comfort zone and be even more creative to figure out a plan! :) For this little 8x8 page I went real big and used a very dark navy polka dotted background! I thought it fitted perfectly with our late date night and  also with my shirt. ;)


Here are the sketch and the moodboard:

 

And here are some more details of my page:


Before I started stitching the circles, I traced my lines with a white color pencil. For the bigger circle I used a plate and for the smaller ones I used a stencil... I decided not to erase the lines once I was done stitching. The white line makes a bigger impact on the very busy background than the stitching alone. Before I started stitching, I also placed all my elements on my page (including photo and papers) to see where the embellishments would go on the lines. I adhered them, took away all the elements I didn,t want to stitch down and had the page go through the sewing machine.


Look at these gorgeous gorgeous letters from Pink Paislee!!! They are acrylic shapes but the bottom is mirror. Because of the reflex I have, not to put my fingers in a mirror, I almost couldn't bring myself to touch them while I was placing them!! lol They are hard to photography but I'm telling you, the impact on the page is stunning. This is definitely a must have!! And in the pack you get some stars and hearts in both silver-ish and gold-ish colors.

And these chipboard letters are so fun as well! They are slightly smaller than many other Thickers I have at home which make them so cute. And the colors are really nice!! I makes a title pop right out the page. Even on a busy background like this one.


These cute little chipboard pieces are from the new Shimelle collection. And the thought bubble is in a sticker book from Amy Tangerine. The thought bubble came from the mood board. I thought it goes really well with Piff's humour.


Some more chipboard pieces from the Shimelle collection. And the little sticker words are from Dear lizzy. I thought the words in this pack are different than the ones we usually see. I was positively surprised. :)


And one last view of the colorful marquee type letters.

Wishing you a nice day and some time to document memories!

Marie