Friday, April 1, 2016

Citrus Twist Kits DT | Project Like 2016

Hi everyone!

Today I'm one the Citrus Twist Kits blog with a Project Life spread and a Sketch and some prizes to win if you play along so if you want to try, it's here. Otherwise, just stick with me and I'll show you my spread and some detail shots, as always. :)




I'm absolutely loving the Pinkfresh Studio acetate word. Love the transparency, love the color.


This is a clear and gold sticker from Heidi Swapp.




A cute flair from Citrus Twist Kits. I really love all the greens in this months kit. Perfect to document the month of the Irish and all that comes with it. I'll have more leprechaun and green t-shirts on my spreads to come.


Here's the acetate word I was talking about. I really love that depending on what you place it on, it changes color/hue. Also, look at the Citrus Twist Kits exclusive Project Life cards!!! I'm telling you, I'm absolutely in love with this month's kit!


Sometimes, I add a little something directly to a photo to highlight a detail we would maybe not see otherwise. Here I added a wood veneer and puffy heart to bring the viewer's eye to the name of the restaurant. When I took this picture, I was trying to photograph the light bulbs hanging over the terrace. :)


I decided that I would some white cardstock this month to give me more place to journal. I placed the patterned paper under my photo to add color and to tie everything together. A label from the labor sheet is perfect to add a title on a larger white space like this one. I stitched and added a puffy sticker to give it some more visual weight.


Here is another label, this time to add a little bit of journaling. I accented the photo with two red puffy stickers.


To balance the right page (I always work one page at the time) I used again an acetate word. I mainly used pinks on this side of the spread but there's an orange balloon at the top repeating the orange from the left page.


I wanted to add the invitation card to the party in the spread but I didn't want to give it a whole pocket so I slipped it behind a photo and attached it with a paperclip. I then added the string, label with the names of the girls, the love die cut and the wooden heart. It makes it tough to take out the card but it's not an element I will take out before at least 10 years I would say. I'll deal with putting everything back together when I get there. ;)


Here,s a better view of the cluster.


I have 2 stories on this page so I used 2 journaling cards to write journaling. This one goes with the 2 bottom photos but it's still related to the photo next to it (with the grey puffy sticker) and the other journaling card by it's colors.

Notice how the puffy sticker follow the lines of the door/window. When adding embellishments, you want to look for lines and play with these.


Here you can see how the 2 cards and the photo separating them are all going together.


For the title of this card i used sticker alphas and a brush pen. I really like to switch fonts and color and thickness when making a title.


And here's my second acetate word. Isn,t it beautiful? So soft and yet so happy. I added the wood veneer to break a little bit of the softness.



Finally on this last photo I added some journaling on stripes. I typed it with my typewriter. It's what my daughter wrote on her paper.

There you go. Don't forget that if you want to use a sketch to reproduce this spread, you will find it on the Citrus Twist Kits blog. And if you play along and use it before next Friday you could even win prizes. :) Good luck and definitely come and let me know if you do play with me. :)

Talk to you soon!!

Marie

No comments: