Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Get it Scrapped | Convey an idea with design

Hi everyone!

Today on the Get it Scrapped blog you will find many examples of how to convey an idea with your design. It means, how can you reinforce and illustrate what you want to say not only with the pictures and the words, but also with your layout design.

Here's my take on it:


You can read about my design choices on the  Get it Scrapped blog. 


I used almost exclusively products from my collection on this page. This 12x12 paper though is from Studio Calico and the paperclips are from Dear Lizzy, but the rest is from the collection Here Comes The Sun and you can find it here.



I really liked playing with my collection. This is the second layout I made with it. :) As you can see I used lots of die cuts.


And word stickers. I'm really happy with the selection of phrases I chose to be made into a product! They are very versatile. I also love that some of them are pink and some of them are blue. It makes for a cute detail.


On the left of my photos, I have a cute cluster of embellishments: a High 5 flair button, the number 6 in gold foil which is one of my favorite product in the whole line the gold foil numbers (and letters!)  I added a golden bow paperclip (Dear Lizzy) and a small p.s. cork embellishment from one of my Citrus Twist Kits. I love to pair several round embellishments together. I also paired the small heart die cut with a word sticker to create a really interesting "love you". :)


I layered 3 pieces of "paper": the Sunset paper, the clear Tiny Hearts, and the vellum Flowers. It's great to have many kind of see through papers to play with!


I layered a white doily that I had in my stash and added some speech bubbles: one with gold foil and a pink one with a heart inside + a very cute golden flamingo paperclip (Dear Lizzy).


I added some black foam quotation marks and I think it's cute that one of them is on the left page of the layout. :)


Here you can the the beginning of the journaling.


And the rest of the journaling down there.


Not only did I use the number 6 but I also spelled it out to put more emphasis on Maya's age. More on that in the article on the Get it Scrapped blog post.


On the right page, because i wanted to leave lots of space to the words, I added only some die cuts clusters. They ind of finish the page off and also bring the left and the right pages together.



The final touch: a really cute cloud flair button and a small flag die cut where I've added the date.

I hope you enjoyed my layout. If so, leave me a comment and subscribe to my blog. :)
Thank you and talk to you again soon.

Marie-Pierre


SaveSaveSaveSave

1 comment:

Gab said...

Just beautiful!!